Saturday, April 18, 2009

New song



This is a song that I started working on some time last week or something. It's very simple,and by no means polished or even finished. The hardest part about writing songs for me is being able to play the same song twice. This is why I record myself, to help me remember what I just played until I actually learn how to write music out effectively. It doesn't have a title so I think I'll spontaneously give it the title "The Song that I Sing"
Posted by Picasa



OH and sorry for the lack of sleeves. I was supposed to be out jogging, but I got distracted. But I did go jogging later!! My Saturday night date with my tennis shoes...


Lyrics:
No matter how many songs I sing,
One song I'll always come back to;
One song will always before you.
It's the song that I sing when I look to the moon,
and I wonder if you ever think of me too.
It's the song that beat deep within my heart,
and I secretly pray you'll hear it apart
from all the other noises;
from all the other voices.
It's the song that I sing when I think of
what we were and what we could become.
It's the song that I sing when I think of love
and how I found it in your arms
that fit me like a glove.
And your stare, that gaze that I still dream of.
It's the song that sings of my desire
just to own your smile for a little while longer.
So just know that no matter how many songs you hear,
mine will always be here,
in my heart,
where it belongs.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great new song. I loved it. You have such a pretty voice... it goes so nicely with your guitar.

BTW, your hair looks REALLY good!

And, I'm so stupid. You already had Picasa! haha Sorry I "recommended" it! Don't know why I didn't notice that colorful square!

~Laurabug

Laura said...

Could you post the lyrics? I think I understand most of them, but some words aren't quite clear... thanks, and again you sound GREAT!